Just had my first play with the new app and initially takes a little getting used to all the new positioning and configuration tool, but generally a good result. Ie took a while to realise the CLEAR button to remove drum sound, as I was initially pressing the BIN symbol which removes the drum completely.
I’ll continue to play around with it, but here are a few comments/wishes.
rimshot!! Can’t wait for a rimshot sound…ideally from a LEFT hand, RIGHT twist gesture on the SNARE (opposite to lifting hihats with your RIGHT hand, LEFT twist gesture), rather than a completely new drum position.
hihat foot control is the same as before and my previous feedback still applies. Ie you have to lift your foot a considerable height BEFORE hitting, for any of the sound to ring out. If you hit with foot closed and lift a milli-second later or at the same time as hitting, it does not ring out at all, whereas on a real drum it would. It would be better if the following was programmed in:
- lift before hit, completely OPEN sound (as it currently works)
- don’t lift at all, completely CLOSED sound (as it currently works)
- lift same time or just after hitting, ring out sound is proportional to the time period after you hit, up to a point (maybe 1-2seconds) when it does not ring out because of your hit, but just the sound of lifting the hats with your foot. Happy to explain better to developers if above does not make sense.
- would love more sound selections, main reason I’ll continue to play with GarageBand (better sounds and more selection)
I guess will come with future releases
- V9, glad it’s made the 3 TOMS available in GarageBand (low, mid and high), previously only 2 TOMS (low, mid)
Keep up the good work guys!!