New App Feedback and Wishlist

Hi,

The algorithm that drifts is the same one in v9 as in v8. We have a dev branch where we still are evaluating other was to fix the drifting, but we still don’t think its ready for release yet. Thats why we stick with the current one for now. When playing, the senors are not aware of the app itself, so its using the same angles for whatever app you are using (Freedrum, Garageband, Logic, Reaper etc…)

We are currently testing a minor update that fixes some bugs, ui and also the hihat position. We hope to have it out in a few days.

If it helps regards to the note numbers, heres the configuration for all the included instruments. (see the wiki link below for mapping numbers, to actually notes)
Note 1 is the normal note
Note 2 is the left twist note
Note 3 is the right twist note (none is configured at this moment, but we’d be happy to take suggestions of the conform to the general midi percussion standard)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<instrument name="Pedal HH" kit="Tokai" ccPitch="4" pitchoffset="0" shortname="PDL" image="instruments_hihat_png" pad="pad_feet_instrumenthihat_png" type="1" id="2AD2D3D3" colour="#FF00FE90">
    <note number="44" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>
<instrument name="Kick" kit="Tokai" ccPitch="0" pitchoffset="0" shortname="KIK" image="instruments_kick_png" pad="pad_feet_instrumentkick_png" type="1" id="D55FEF06" colour="#FFFF027C">
    <note number="36" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>
<instrument name="Snare" kit="Maple" ccPitch="0" pitchoffset="0" shortname="SNR" image="instruments_snare_png" pad="pad_instrumentsnare_png" type="0" id="D2EDACA3" colour="#FF6B86F5">
    <note number="38" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>
<instrument name="Low Tom" kit="Maple" ccPitch="0" pitchoffset="0" shortname="FLT" image="instruments_floortom_png" pad="pad_instrumentlowtom_png" type="0" id="CF8B42F1" colour="#FF7330F3">
    <note number="41" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>
<instrument name="Hi Tom" kit="Maple" ccPitch="0" pitchoffset="0" shortname="HIT" image="instruments_hitom_png" pad="pad_instrumenthitom_png" type="0" id="E76E453A" colour="#FF007E7E">
    <note number="50" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>
<instrument name="Kick" kit="Maple" ccPitch="0" pitchoffset="0" shortname="KIK" image="instruments_kick_png" pad="pad_feet_instrumentkick_png" type="1" id="B01EB0B7" colour="#FF9D00FF">
    <note number="36" />
    <note number="-1"  />
    <note number="-1"  />
</instrument>

Note number 37 (rimshot) will also be added to left twist on the snare.

Possible to add a few things?

1. Left foot lifted will create a open hihat effect and left foot up and down while using right hand hitting will create a open and closed hihat effect.

2. Optional 2nd bass drum (same or different pitch) on left foot so that a double pedal effect can occur.

3. Individual sensor calibration on the position so that they don’t have to go parallel. It’s like right hand can tilt 30degrees to the left and left hand can tilt 30degrees to the right. Than whatever drum right hand is hitting will base on right hand calibration and left hand will on base on left and not dependent on the right.

4. More maple or other acoustic drum sound for selection to use when doing street busking with freedrum.

hello guys

i have some issues with the freedrum sensors, i used sensors on knees for my kick bass drum, heel up or down it dosen’t matter… but recently after the new update i can hear it but the sound is really week so week!! the velocity is the lowest possible, i really need to tap as hard as i can with my feet on the ground… but when you play 130bpm double bass kick it is annoying to do that…
so if you can make it work as befor thanks in advance
Cheeers

Hi Albious,
Items 1-3 are all available in Freedrum app already. If sensor set as foot sensor (via app) then left foot can be a second base drum OR twist your foot slightly to the left and it acts as a high hat lift. Freedrum are working to make this a little more realistic but the function is there.
Item 4 try GarageBand. Lose the high hat lift function (not a big deal as it’s not perfected yet anyway, and left hand twist is easy to open high hat) but plenty of great sounds in GaragBand. Go into settings and you can download plenty of add on drum sounds. Have a play around and you’ll find the features you’ve mentioned. Good luck.