New app timeline?

I am bummed that I can’t be in Anaheim this year for NAMM, since it sounds like there are some exciting new things happening at the Freedrum booth… is there any timeline for when those of us who couldn’t be there will get a peek at the new app? I can hardly wait…

New app?

We are still a few weeks away from finishing the app, but we are planning to wrap it up as soon as possible when we are back home from NAMM.

Here’s a list of some of the features:

• A brand new UI.
  • Zone configuration. Up to 10 zones + feet. Add and remove pads on the fly, and you can choose which instrument that goes where (almost endless number of combinations).
  • More instruments (samples).
  • Individual sound and pan levels per pad.
  • Reberb and master sound level.
  • Metronome
  • Even better latency
  • Updated firmware with a new configuration protocol which runs over sysex.

The app will initially be available on iOS, Android and OSX.

And here’s a sneak peak :slight_smile:

Wooowww, many thanks!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
The sensors will be automatically connected, like in Sensorware? :slight_smile:

This looks very promising!

Will it result on improvements in zones detection and drifting issues?

exactly the words i said to myself

Already have a launch date @Fredrik ? Thx

We do not have a date yet. But we’re aiming to get it out as soon as possible :slight_smile:

I hope the sensors will be automatically connected, like in Sensorware… so just start the app and get drumming right away! :slight_smile:

Hello @Fredrik … It actually looks very nice. Thank you for the effort. Is there any chance to be a beta tester :slight_smile:

We’re probably not going for any beta with this release as we are wrapping up the last few things before release right now :wink:

Please put the “auto connect sensors” feature in the new app!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It won’t be in this first release, but we will be looking into it!

Thanks!!! You ROCK!!! :smiley:

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that we are really really close to a release of the new version of the app and firmware. And soon after the release is out we have a new, other really exiting Freedrum related thing we would like to show off for you :slight_smile:

:metal: Rock on :metal:

Sounds great… though all I can think about now is, “what is their definition of really really close…”

If all goes well, we will submit next week.

Excellent, looking forward to it. Did I see that the app will allow renaming of the controllers so they don’t have the same name?

Not in this release. We have spoken about this with the team though and will get back to everyone with more info in later releases.