Please look into here and leave a "thank you" for the devs!

Hello to all the team from Perth, Australia.
Just received Freedrums 2 days ago and I was definitely mindblown!
What a great and entartaining product you have brought to life! I was my firt involvement in any kickstart campaign and you guys have set the bar really high.
There is always room for improvement of course, but for a first release it is def an achievement to celebrate.
One cool idea for the future would be to incorporate with a VR headset so you can virtually “see” the drumkit.

I totally concur—great work dev dudes, the new firmware update is most excellent. keep up the fantastic work and, like the first guy said…take those opportunities to go recharge your batteries once in a while. Go look at art, or clouds, or take your girlfriend/boyfriend out for sushi or meatballs.

Agreed. They’ve set an example by which other kickstarters need to employ. It’s admirable that even when presented with comments and opinions that appeared at first to establish FD as a product that over promised and under delivered, the FD Team have truly turned it into everything they set out to make it be.

Loved seeing the evolution and how these guys have handled themselves.

Great work, guys.

m

PS I’ll echo the comment i saw earlier in the thread: I admit being a little underwhelmed when i first received FD. However, seeing the posts with what’s possible has changed my opinion 180 degrees. Let’s put it this way. When i backed this it was because I thought this would be an alternative to buying an electronic drum kit. Then when I received them, and played them, I was disappointed to think that it looked like i would have to buy a kit. Today? Not even a thought. Freedrum is my solution. It does exactly what I need it to do.

@Siggypop: What changed your mind and convinced you that FD was great, what process did you have to go through? I feel there are many people who have perhaps a slightly underwhelming first reaction and perhaps have written it off, so would be good to hear how you grew into liking them

This indeed is a great product with endless possibilities and also I can play it whenever and wherever i want. :smiley:
Thanx to the developers ,you have done a great job .:grinning:
Though i would let everyone know that I had to pay about 90 USD as custom charges in India,though this isn’t something that the developers could have helped me in ,but yeah after receiving the product i was kinda shocked when the DHL guy asked me to give him this hefty amount as Custom charges.:sweat_smile:
But yes the popularity of this product is increasing day by day :grinning: Many of my drummer friends are now planning to buy Freedrum in the next batch :smiley:

hey @Lawrence!

I admit, though on paper everything is perfect, when i actually started messing with them I began to realize how much of a gap still existed between the idea and solution. But i also realized these guys are truly interested in elevating the experience. Honestly, after receiving them and futzing with them the first day, they have sat ever since. Only because it just wasn’t fun to have to be so “delicate” to get the hardware to function properly.

I mean, it was fun just banging the air and getting sounds; however, the temperamental angles wore on me pretty quickly. So, I sat. Watched the comments on Kickstarter. Another firmware was released. Then the forum opened up. All of a sudden, the workarounds, the hacks, the tutorials from other members (not the mods), all started to shake awake the potential.

For me, I just wanted an alternative to playing drums with my midi synth as doing so is cumbersome and unexciting. At least with FD i could actually “play” the parts. What really changed it for me was what I was actually after the entire time: connecting the midi device to my DAW then through a more robust plugin (not garageband) that turns FD into an experience. Though I’ve not attempted to any determined degree to run this through pro tools and superior drummer, that many have successfully done so through reaper gives me hope that at least it’s possible.

Another big thing is - and i actually made this request a few weeks before FD shipped and was told “it was coming” - all the videos I had seen were at an average tempo. I wondered if that was intentional i.e., playing fast was problematic. The video of someone playing fast was never delivered. But they did start showing up in the forum. Many are way faster than I need to play, and at least faster than the demo videos.

For these reasons, and given that these guys are listening to forum members’ wish lists while also further enhancing the hardware, I’ve moved from feeling these are novelty items to knowing I have a useful tool at my disposal.

Still a long way to go, but lots to look forward to.

Dear Freedrum team,

This is the first kickstarter project I’ve supported/experienced, and I want to pay tribute to you all there at Freedrum.

I think your inspiration and vision for this product, and then your dedication and commitment to making it a reality is second to none.

I hope you haven’t felt too hurt by some of the negative and dismissive comments posted by some when their experience hasn’t been 100% from the word go. They don’t get that the road is not always easy and that problems sometimes occur (and sometimes expectations are simply too high). And sometimes it’s a case of “user error”, but that’s often difficult to diagnose when you’re on the other side of the world!

Your patience, always courteous tone and dedication to helping everyone who asks (or complains!) is totally commendable, and the hours you put in to monitor and respond on the forums is amazing. You seem to stay up as late working as some of us do playing our Freedrums!

Yes we’re not there yet - what product is ever “perfect” - and you might feel like there’s an impossibly long list of improvements or tweaks yet to do … but try and remember how far you’ve come already from a simple dream.

This is a brilliant product, finally enabling many people like myself who have wanted to learn to play drums for years and years, but have not had the space/environment etc. in which to have a full size drum kit - acoustic or electric - to be able to learn to play.

I’m learning with my Freedrums and my 10 year old daughter is learning with me. And all we need is these sensors and an app. Awesome!

Thank you so much again, please keep going, keep striving to make Freedrum and the apps/connections with other apps as good as you can, and may you be blessed by the realisation of the gift that you have given to many across the world.

Thanks Devs,

eventually i got my first drum kit, tested and start to enjoy it !!! I am not a drummer, but, as a music gadget addicted, I had to support such incredible project. :love_you_gesture:

Agreed. Very well stated. :+1:

Guys many thanks to all of you!

many thanks to all the support you give us, to all the Hours spent helping us supporter and customer.

My first expirence was… strange! I already play drum, and for all whose already does, Freedrum is a real different instrument!

The fact is when you hit physical thing, is that them are there, they won’t move, if you don’t make the correct movement, when you are going to hit, your brain looks, and correct the movement.

When you hit someting invisible… well, I still should to adjust myself.

With some pratice you will see that everything will work just fine.
I could say, with first experience all is perfect.

All 4 sensors connected at first time, all of them working… it’s just me that … I have to work hard !

AMAZING

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU

MANY THANKS!

Thanks guys !! Amazing job.

Freedrum is F****** awesome.
So easy playable. Fast, responsive… Epic.

My 10 year old boy just recieved these and he has been playing till he got blisters on his hands. He’s having more fun using Freedrum than on his “real” drum kit.

I may have to buy another set so we don’t have to fight over them :slight_smile:

BR
From Denmark

Hello, i’m Giorgio thanks for all the devs!

Hi everyone, I’m brazilian and I bought my freedrum about 2 weeks ago.
The shipping was very fast and all proceed very well.
Thanks for all freedrum team!!

Funny history:
I’m a mobile developer and I started to play drums, and one day I thought “hmm maybe I can program sensors to play drum sounds”. So before to start my research about this I went search on google by an existent idea like that… and tcharam I found freedrum on Kickstarter. In the same time I saw that was exactly what I wanted and thought “ok, this guys got it”. So I entered on freedrum website and bought it. The end. hahah

Thanks for all team and for this forum community.
PS: sorry for my bad english :sweat_smile:

Hello Freedrum team, and thanks a lot for all your work and the amazing idea that you’re trying to achieve :slight_smile:

I tried freedrum yesterday, first thinking “ok it’s cool & funny, but it’s a toy” (because some random latency when playing on android / windows, probably poor bluetooth on my devices, I’ll check if I can try another dongle).

Then I used it on iPhone and… it’s really, really amazing, feels very natural (as much as it can without proper rebound) ! I have to play a bit more (only tested it for like 30 minutes) but, living in a flat with neighbours who can’t even stand “poc poc’s” on an e-drum, I’m very happy with how well it can play.

Looking forward for all future cool features !

Thank you !

Phil, from France

Just got my freedrums this week, and of course I would like to add my “thank you”! for the developers. Great tool!

I don’t use the sensors for air drumming, only as foot sensors for playing samples while playing guitar with my hands. But for this use case FreeDrum is exactly the solution I’ve been waiting on for years. Thank you for helping me make the music I hear in my head!

New here. But truly this is a cool website.
Thank you devs!
J

I’d been following and reading in this forum for some time. Recently decided to give it a try. I’d say it’s not perfect but better than nothing. Though there’s still flaws and space for improvement, I’d say the freedrum team did a great job so far in focusing on solving rather than keep coming up new products but never really refine the old ones. Great job and keep it up! God bless!

My only complaint is that I, myself don’t have more tech/computer skills. I can drum in my sleep but the computer part is what’s killing me. On my android, works like a charm.
Windows is still kicking my butt, however I’m sur eventually I will figure it out and enjoy it even more than Android!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thank you! My family thanks you! My neighbors thank you!!
A dream come true this project is. For many of us.
Cheers from Utah, USA :green_heart::green_heart::musical_score::drum: