Sensorware Beta

I try to configure the midi sound on my sensors but lately either I read thé message ‘can’ t write to sensor’ or the New setting is just not saved.
How come and what can I do to configure like I used to do?

Cheers

Any news on 10 zone being added back guys?! Please lets focus on the cool features that enhance the experience with FD!!

It’s been a while since I’ve checked the forums. But I’d like to ask again, is there any updates regarding re-enabling 10 zones “alpha features” on a Sensorware app? I mean, it’s not something new, it’s all about just putting back something that has been there already :slight_smile: Since I’ve lost 10 zones after upgrading to v7 firmware, and since the sensors are not connecting to an old Android Sensorware, it’s been a main reason I’m not playing FD for more than a month now. Which is kinda sad. Of course the new FD App is cool, but I’m afraid 10 zones is much cooler than the new UI but 6 zones. Can’t say for everybody of course… I’m pretty sure you guys have a lot of stuff to do, but would be nice to hear any news or ETAs. Thanks a lot!

I strongly agree with Asgvard

I hear you guys. And you’ll be happy to know that I’m right now putting together a little browser-based config tool that will let you do all this and more. Shouldn’t be more than a day or two before you can try it out, stay tuned :slight_smile:

thanks for the head’s up August, thats siick!
I can only assume that by " and more" u meant like config the midi notes u send on each zone.
Or you will just blow our minds with sensitivity, angles setup :smiley:

Anyway I’m hyped once again just knowing that you guys are listening to the community like that! :love_you_gesture:

Playing "side stick" on the snare drum
[Solved] Hats and Crash locations too close

Yeah, we’ll see what exactly will be implemented. Ultimately it comes down to harassing @Philip enough about it, as he’s the man in charge :slight_smile: But we do have a lot of other stuff to do as well unfortunately…

Any progress in releasing this tool?

@august @Philip :point_left: poke-poke
it’s the first week after easter holidays of course, but we’re waiting for any updates impatiently :smiley:
Cheers

Yeah guys, sorry about the delay, and thanks for the patience. I’m almost sure I’ll have something for you tomorrow.

[Ongoing] Drifting on drumsticks? Any workaround?
[Ongoing] Positioning drums in Freedrum app

Alright folks, we’ll have the real “beta” of this webapp on monday, but I’m gonna give you a little teaser just because you’ve been so patient with me. NOTICE: This is not “production quality” by any means, you use it at your own risk. It works ONLY in the Google Chrome browser for now, I’ve tried on Linux, OSX and Android (I suspect it doesn’t work on IOS).

How to use:

• Connect a sensor to your preferred device the usual way for that platform.
  • Bring up a chrome browser and go to the below url.
  • In the dropdown at the top select your freedrum sensor.
  • Hit one of the “send preset” buttons and pray.
  • Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

For those brave enough, the url is http://forum.freedrum.rocks:3000/

Will try it out tomorrow.

I can see the zones in the browser, but i can’t play them in sersorware.

mm what do you mean “play them in sensorware”?
What this tool does is it sets the certain presets to your sensor, whether it’s 6 zones or 10 zones. And then it shows you which note is set for which zone. But as I see there is no way to change the notes yet, it’s all hardcoded in the presets.

I hoped there was already more.

Any news August? or thats it? in the end it didnt work for me, but as you said that was a little teaser I figured the project still ongoing.

Oh, it’s ongoing, we’ll add more stuff continually, and also @Asgvard did his own version of it with some more features. But tell us, what didn’t work for you? It should already be quite usable.

You can try this one out, it has a feature to change any note on your sensor: https://asgvard.github.io/
It’s my unofficial version as August mentioned, so no guarantees :slight_smile: but it worked pretty well for me. It detects sensors dynamically when you connect/disconnect them, also you can connect multiple sensors at the same time and then select one by one to change their settings.
It reads current settings (takes a while since it’s separate MIDI command per note/setting), then you can change notes and/or sensor global settings with “<” and “>” buttons, then click Save.
Tested on Chrome Desktop only, probably wouldn’t work on mobiles as the UI is not very responsive to different screen sizes.

Thanks I will try as soon as i get home!!!

My problem was that i connected on pc but there wasn’t any sensor detected on the browser app.
Lets see how it goes with Asgvard version.
I hope it works :smiley:

Thanks for the feed back August!!