Sensorware Beta

@august, was there any new Sensorware beta for Android?
If so, I would very much appreciate an alternative download link, like the one for V11 :slight_smile:

I’m not really involved in that anymore, but @Fredrik might have an answer

@Alex_Incensus Not sure what you mean by V11, but there is no newer version out than the release version for Android, containing V7. :wink:

Hi,
In Android version Beta 14, I miss the zone mapping. Why is it gone?
Thanks

Hi,

Perhaps it is hidden in “alpha features” now? Try the 3-dots-menu in the main menu with the sensors list.
If it’s not there, it is bad :slight_smile: this mapping for 10 zones is must have for a bit more advanced usage than 6-zones kit…
Hope this would be a normal funtionality in the new app as well when it goes live.

Its not there :frowning:

Hi, yes, I’ve just reinstalled the app to Beta 14, and alpha features are gone…I’m glad I didn’t updated my stick sensors, because going back to 6 zones is a no option for me…
@Fredrik, @august is there any possibility to get the Pad Presets feature back please? 10 zones is very important, I cannot imagine playing 6 zones again :slight_smile:

And another question. Since you guys are not working on this Android app anyway, is there any chance to opensource it? Just as it is, w/o any support or warranties etc. Unless there is something top-secret inside of course…

We are working on it. Custom zones is also being worked on.

I try to configure the midi sound on my sensors but lately either I read thé message ‘can’ t write to sensor’ or the New setting is just not saved.
How come and what can I do to configure like I used to do?

Cheers

Any news on 10 zone being added back guys?! Please lets focus on the cool features that enhance the experience with FD!!

It’s been a while since I’ve checked the forums. But I’d like to ask again, is there any updates regarding re-enabling 10 zones “alpha features” on a Sensorware app? I mean, it’s not something new, it’s all about just putting back something that has been there already :slight_smile: Since I’ve lost 10 zones after upgrading to v7 firmware, and since the sensors are not connecting to an old Android Sensorware, it’s been a main reason I’m not playing FD for more than a month now. Which is kinda sad. Of course the new FD App is cool, but I’m afraid 10 zones is much cooler than the new UI but 6 zones. Can’t say for everybody of course… I’m pretty sure you guys have a lot of stuff to do, but would be nice to hear any news or ETAs. Thanks a lot!

I strongly agree with Asgvard

I hear you guys. And you’ll be happy to know that I’m right now putting together a little browser-based config tool that will let you do all this and more. Shouldn’t be more than a day or two before you can try it out, stay tuned :slight_smile:

thanks for the head’s up August, thats siick!
I can only assume that by " and more" u meant like config the midi notes u send on each zone.
Or you will just blow our minds with sensitivity, angles setup :smiley:

Anyway I’m hyped once again just knowing that you guys are listening to the community like that! :love_you_gesture:

Playing "side stick" on the snare drum
[Solved] Hats and Crash locations too close

Yeah, we’ll see what exactly will be implemented. Ultimately it comes down to harassing @Philip enough about it, as he’s the man in charge :slight_smile: But we do have a lot of other stuff to do as well unfortunately…

Any progress in releasing this tool?

@august @Philip :point_left: poke-poke
it’s the first week after easter holidays of course, but we’re waiting for any updates impatiently :smiley:
Cheers

Yeah guys, sorry about the delay, and thanks for the patience. I’m almost sure I’ll have something for you tomorrow.

[Ongoing] Drifting on drumsticks? Any workaround?
[Ongoing] Positioning drums in Freedrum app

Alright folks, we’ll have the real “beta” of this webapp on monday, but I’m gonna give you a little teaser just because you’ve been so patient with me. NOTICE: This is not “production quality” by any means, you use it at your own risk. It works ONLY in the Google Chrome browser for now, I’ve tried on Linux, OSX and Android (I suspect it doesn’t work on IOS).

How to use:

• Connect a sensor to your preferred device the usual way for that platform.
  • Bring up a chrome browser and go to the below url.
  • In the dropdown at the top select your freedrum sensor.
  • Hit one of the “send preset” buttons and pray.
  • Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

For those brave enough, the url is http://forum.freedrum.rocks:3000/