Show Us How You Use Freedrum

Nevermind, thank you for your detailed description.

I may also have found a variant for all iOS- and GarageBand enthusiasts:

As a supplement: the visual keyboard can be faded in on any instrument. You will notice if you play freedrums while it is open, the keys will be pressed by your strokes.

I haven’t tried it yet, but in case of doubt the only challenge is to come up with .wav-files. In this case Google can give you all you need.

In reaper it’s quite simple, you just have to change the position (perhaps interpreted as a note) of, for example, a ride cymbal, with a China Crash.

I posted the following screenshot a few times in the forum, just to give you an example:
Reaper_Mapping

Alex explained everything in his Tutorial on how to set up reaper here:

(Leave a like if @Alex_Incensus tutorial has helped you.)

The setup is the same in both Windows and OS X.

Thank you all so much for the information! I do have an Android (Galaxy S7 Edge) and PC, so I’m going to look into Reaper, Superior Drums, and Addictive Drums 2.

Hey everyone.
If you head over to www.freedrum.rocks (on desktop) and scroll down a little bit, you’ll see that we have made
some updates to the website!

…and you might see yourself :wink:

:grinning: A.W.E.S.O.M.E. :grinning:

That is awesome guys!!

Wowww :heart_eyes: thats amazing !! :grinning::heart_eyes:

@suchdeep You’re going to be famous!

hahaha :grinning: :grinning: Thanx to the freedrum team :grin: :grin:

This may be the greatest day of my life.

Is there a YouTube link that I can show my friends?

*that I can show my parents.

Yesterday, first “real” day of using Freedrums, I played almost an hour with it. I have to be careful though, i got little pain in wrist at the end of the session, probably because there is no real rebound so the wrist muscle takes it all.

My config :
Freedrum with an IPhone 6S + Garageband => Mixer => Monitors (Adam A5x)
This is the sound recorded with my Cellphone (Sony Z5) in the room

I think Freedrum can really be a usefull tool, here’s how I see it :
1/ Using Freedrum at home to practice quietly, mostly to discover, learn and memorize song’s drum parts
2/ Using a real practice drumpad to work rudiments
3/ Rehearsing solo on real drums to improve feeling, touch, clean playing…

The “1/” with freedrum will probably save a lot of time, which will be usefull in “3/” to really focus on feeling and not on memorizing drum parts of the song you cover.

Very Nice. I love that song! :wink:

Nice. What drum kit/ sounds are you using?

Road trip Sydney to Melbourne for Christmas.
Freedrum rocks!!

@Robin_Stephenson this is awesome!! Hope you’re enjoying your vacation while we are all still hard at work :wink:

Thanks @Philip, so much fun to play in the car!
Can only imagine you guys are busy ironing out all the bugs. Good luck and enjoy a well deserved break in 2018.
Nephew was stoked with his set over Christmas. Think I was just as excited as him.
Just driving back from day trip to Marysville Victoria
Freedrum - serenity.

Super cool time in the car :slight_smile:
Does the sensors “drifts” if the car turns ? :smile:

:):grinning: not much “drifting” at all…only after hitting Kangaroo roadkill…although I must have been in the Freedrum Zone as I didn’t seem to flinch at all (start of 2nd song)!!