[Solved] Playing along songs

Hi, i realy enjoy my freedrum. I have a question. For now i work with garageband. but i like to play with my favorite songs on spotify or iTunes. Is there a way to listen to my music and playing drums through garageband? without loading songs into garageband

As far as I am aware, this is not possible. As soon as you open GarageBand, it mutes every other app running sound in the background.

So for now, it means loading a song onto GarageBand in order to play along. Unless you have two devices and ha e one earphone for Spotify on one device and one ear for GarageBand with the other device :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
I use GarageBand and play along to favourite acoustic tunes on Spotify all on the same iPhone 7.
There is even an advanced setting in GarageBand “run in background” that lets me play whilst viewing and controlling the Spotify interface. In this mode you will notice a red bar at the top of the iPhone screen that says GarageBand.

I also find I need to enter the drum track settings and bump up the volume to maximum for the drum kit, to balance perfectly with the volume setting of Spotify app. Any change of drumkit requires this process to be done, otherwise default mid volume has the drums too soft.

Therefore, what you’ve suggested is definitely possible on iOS anyway…maybe a little trickier on Mac.

Sounds good, thanks for the tips !

Thanks iT works veruit good

If you would like to import your favorite songs to Spotify or iTunes, here is the best audio converter for you. it can help you batch convert all your audio files to M4A, MP3, WAV or other popular formats then you can enjoy them on iTunes easily.

Dear Jerry Smith, thanks very much for sharing this audio converter for me and others. But it don’t work with Spotify but for iTunes muisc only. As for playing favorite songs on Spotify, I should use another software I found from the website you mentioned above, called Spotify Music Converter for Mac, which can help me listening to Spotify songs with garageband while playing drums.

To play Spotify songs offline without premium, you need the spotify audio converter, there is a free trial version available, you can take a look at it.

Spotify songs offline without premium use is only possible if you have a Spotify Premium subscription.
You also need to be connected to Wi-Fi in order to download your Spotify music—you can’t download songs over cellular data.