Tested Android Devices

I’m sorry to say, but yes. It takes some time ad practice to understand how to play. Try to follow the tutorials on how to learn to play and hit the pad right :wink:

I have tried it several times.

Hi, I bought it in Pre order (oct/16). Recieved Aug/17. We’re Dec and I couldn’t play. The support said that’s my device (S6 edge). So, I’ll chance my device only for playing freedrum. For my sadness, Freedrum support answer my e-mail that S8 (very expensive here, in Brazil) will have some latency… that only IOS works properly. I don’t like IOS, but it seems that you did a product for apple users only… wasn’t this that I was waiting For, and I don’t know what I’m gona do, 'couse my device and the other that I would buy are good devices, but it seems that isn’t for you… here, in my country, I payd $200 (dolars) only in taxes whem the product arrives… now, I have tô pau just like $1500 (dolars) for em Apple device in my country… it isn’t right…

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you have latency. Freedrum however is not the cause of the latency. I could go quite technical here and try top explain it, but I will refer to two other sites that explains it far better than I can do.

https://juce.com/maq

Hi!

The latency would happen in S7 or S8 (that I would buy in future, only for run freedrum), but I have S6 Edge now, and freedrum simple dosn’t work… your support’s answer is:

"Hello Adir,

We are seeing a huge issue with the Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE phones. It looks like the phone does not have all the parts to be compatible with Freedrum.

We apologize for this."

I really think that’s not fair, becouse my device isn’t an old one (at least here, in Brazil), and I think that once you sold it all around the world, telling us that was necessary only a device and Bluetooth and things like that, now I don’t have/know what to do… (sorry for bad english, I’m trying so hard… excuse me, please…)

What I’m understanding now is that freedrum only works for IOS device. Is that right?

Regards,

Adir

Hello Adir,

Freedrum is working with Android devices, but it is not the same amount as iOS. This is to do with Google & Apple taking different paths when it comes to bluetooth and midi over bluetooth. We are unfortunately not in control of this.

Right now though Android is behind we have seen Freedrum working great on S8 and a few other Android devices beautifully.

The Galaxy S6 and any iteration of it looks to not be compatible in any way at all. From emails, social media and now on the forum we have tried and failed to get them to connect a number of times. The thing with Android at this point is not even just a certain model, but who it is being sold from. For example in the US you will have one version of the S6 and in Europe you will have another.

This looks like we will have to pull it from compatibility list. We apologize for all the confusion and issues you have had.

Please email us if you do not have another device so we can assist you with a return of your kit.

Hi guys, I’m sorry, has anyone already done a test with Nokia 6 and Android 7.1.2?

Is it enough to download the Sensorware app from playstore, or do I need some other apps too?

Thanks if someone answers

You will need Sensorware and sensors to be able to test.

I havebeen tested sensorware .my pbone is Galaxy
Note4.downloded the firmare updated.
The left stick lookd some sound as like snare .
But the right stick can not sound as like the left stick.several times tried.but only can hear the base sound.
Can not do that.
Want your help.

I am using HTC 10, but it seems it does not work well with freedrum. Since it is also not listed here, I was asking myself, if the noticible audio latency, even with turned off WiFi and cable connected speakers, I am experiencing, is because of the bad compatibility or because of reasons I might fix myself.

It would be great, if some one could check my Android phone since I do not know much about the technical stuff that is going on around latency… Thank you so much in advance.

Hi,

According to this list the HTC 10 seems to have quite a bit of latency.

https://juce.com/maq

Hi it’ll be awesome if you can support galaxy s6 too I preordered it and didn’t had a chance to play yet… Really looking forward to it

:sob:

Thanks for your help. :smile:

I have huawei p10 and it connects easily, there is latency, I don’t know if 100 ms counts as a lot but I cant play a simple beat, latency seems to be inconsistent so you can barely hit two things at the same time.

Is there any way I can reduce latency?
I have an iPhone5 but garageband won’t work with it. Is there any phone, app combo that guarantees no latency, none?

Hello,

I bought an iPhone 7 Plus, only for playing freedrum, after I realise android dosn’t work…

I’m using the new app and v7, but Tom dosn’t work and snare is confuse with hi hat/splash… do you recommend some config for me?

I’m the Brazilian guy that complaining about android (I bought it in pre order (oct 16), and still can not play properly… but now the foot works, and some times one snare, What is enought for give me some hope…

Thank you so much and sorry for the “english ”.

Hi, flip the left/right handed switch and the Tom should work.

Just got my freedrums this weekend.
Working very good with my Sony Xperia X compact.
Delay measurement says 42ms but in practice it’s not disturbing playing along with tracks from spotify :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, Do you have the list of working andorid devices??

BR, Leo.

Hi, Finally A5 works??

I have been testing 12 Android phones(thanks to my friends to rent me their phones) specially from the list of Androids are susceptible to work with the app but none of them show a good response. Don’t believe with Android it will work.
Only iPhone works. I am not a iPhone person, so not satisfied at all. I don’t want to be negative but for the price it should work with Android.