Tested Apple Devices

You need an BLE compatible device. Check this chart from Apple for compatibility.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/DeviceInformation/Reference/iOSDeviceCompatibility/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix.html

These are the devices that Sensorware has been tested on by Freedrum:

• iPhone 6

• iPhone 7 & 7Plus

• iPad Pro 12.9

• Macbook Pro Late 2015 and above

Freedrum with Apple iTouch

I can confirm that Sensorware and Freedrum in general is working flawlessly and really good with an iPhone 4S (iOS 9.3.5).

There are (or were?) some display issues though (text going beyond the screen).

Hi, tested and working on 7Plus with iOS 11 GM.

Hello Alex,

We love the video and your feedback. Thanks for joining the Forum.

Can I ask what app are you using on your 4s to use Freedrum?

Thanks!

Hi Alex, I also have an iphone 4s with ios 9.3.5. Can you tell me which app you used (in addition to Sensorware) for the operation and how did you configure it?
Thank you

Paolo

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the text issue if possible?

Yeah, sure.

I use the very simple setup of Sensorware + GarageBand (an old version of the app which still supports iOS 9.3.5).
Worked right from the beginning, “plug (or better: connect) and play” :smile:

I’m attaching a screenshot of this display issue

Please note that this the updated version of Sensorware, which should have the option to update the firmware below :wink:

It really should. I will make a fix for that asap!

If you can’t update your sensors at all you can try to force an update to the sensor by pressing the button until it turns yellow. Then start the app. You should get a question if you would like to update it.

Please only do this with one sensor at the time.

To get out of bootloader mode (yellow light) if that doesn’t work. Just hold the button again untill it restarts.

Where did you find GarageBand for iOS 9.3.5? I have searched and found nowhere :disappointed_relieved:

Ah yeah, I know this issue.

It’s not possible to find and “buy” (even for free) an app for the first time if it is not longer available for your iOS version.

You need to use iTunes on a PC or Mac (don’t install the update that came yesterday!) and search for Garageband. Then you can “buy” it and it will appear in your iPhone"s Appstore list of bought apps.

Thank you Alex, with your advice I was able to download and install GarageBand on iphone 4s. You are a great one :+1:

In the mac mini you have to go to the midi to pair after that garage band and is good but after a while the pedals on the feat become the snare drums and is not a way to recalibrate that. Does someone know how to fix that? Many thanks any help

Alex still apologizes, what version of the sensorware you have? I have version 1.1 and firmware FD1 v3. I can not check if there are updates because, as you can see from the picture, I do not leave the “Check for Sensorware Update”

Hi there, I am stuck to ios 9.3.5 on my ipad 3. Have garageband in my purchase list but can’t re-download it again :weary:
Does anyone of another iOS app that works?
Thanks!

When downloading it from your purchased apps list, you should notice that you have an old version of ios and should ask you if you want an older version of the app. This is why I downloaded version 2.1.1 of GarageBand instead of version 2.2.2

Which Iphone which works fine with freedrum?

Thanks for replying. I do have garageband in purchase history wihint iTunes, but no download button there. It is unfortunately not in my purchase list on the iPad. Maybe an excuse to buy a new iPad :sunglasses:
No garageband for me I think.

Try to search for apps purchased directly on the iPad. On the iPad go into the App Store, go to updates, click on Buy, in the next window, click on Not on ipad. Should you see apps that you have not installed on ipad? If in the list you find GarageBande, there should be a cloud. Click on the cloud, see that you have an ios incompatible version and ask if you want to download a previous version of GarageBand

Unfortunately no garageband in the “not on this iPad list”. I give up. Maybe I will jailbreak it and find a download. (the primary intended device for Freedrum will be an Android but that app is not yet working on some devices so wanted to have a temp alternative). Thanks so far for helping.

Hi pela03 I had this problem as well but after many trials I think I may have found the solution. You just need 4 steps:

1. If you are fortunate enough to have any device such as iPhone 6, that is compatible to the Freedrum Sensorware app, then congratulations, but if not, try and ask a friend to download the app for you with their device so that you can proceed.

2. Open the app (with bluetooth on), turn on all sensors (make sure they are fully charged), and connect them to the phone.

3. If you shake the sensor, a music note will appear in its respective sensed device, then set 2 of them to be foot pedals (make sure you remember which 2 you have set as foot pedals)

4. Now disconnect everything, and try the same thing again with mac with the given procedures by Freedrum, this time, strap the sensors to your feet first, then press the square button for both feet sensors WHILE YOUR FEET ARE ON THE FLOOR (I’m not sure if it’s better if you do this AFTER you have calibrated your sensors on your drumsticks with the given procedure first, but I do it every time just in case)

This method solved my problem and it doesn’t happen again, hopefully it helps you as well, have fun drumming :wink:

It works for me on an iPhone 6s Plus & GarageBand

Cheers,
Fabio